The Forty Rules of Love - Elif Shafak

The Forty Rules of Love - Elif Shafak

There was a certain expectation when I picked up the book, but it turned out to address something else, something that's not easily comprehensible when a random person reads it. There are multiple aspects of love and life, both, but this book concentrates on the basic, yet the most difficult attribute among them.

The story moves from the present (2008) to past (13th century, following 1242), from Northampton to places in the Middle East Asia. There's a novel within a novel, a 'Sweet Blasphemy' within 'The Forty Rules of Love', a Shams of Tabriz within an Aziz Z. Zahara, so much depth!

Each slice (you can relate with chapters) begins with the letter 'B', maybe relating to 'blasphemy'?, I wonder. The correspondence draws between most of our everyday activities and the forty rules is noteworthy here.

I liked the beginning of the book, but when was just 40 pages away from completing the book, I felt a little uneasy, beyond explanation, maybe I was in confusion or maybe not! But the last few pages definitely changed the perception and I loved the book...

So many twists and turns in the story, yet not as complicated as comprehending the real life, an amazing narration indeed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Read for life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We were never meant to be - Palle Vasu

Rudra Nandini - M Lovely

ಮಹಾಭಾರತದ ನೈಜ ನಾಯಕ ವಿದುರ - ಜಗದೀಶಶರ್ಮಾ ಸಂಪ