Sapiens, a Brief History of Humankind - Yuval Noah Harari

Sapiens, a Brief History of Humankind - Yuval Noah Harari

Can I say, this was the only lengthy text that I willingly bought and willingly completed reading? Hell yes, that's true! I heard about the book via a Nikhil Kamat podcast with the author himself, and got a copy for myself.

The subject matter in the book is sequenced in a thoughtful manner, following the order of evolutionary changes in the history of humankind, parallel to that of the planet itself. The book has about 4 parts: the Cognitive Revolution, the Agricultural Revolution, the Unification of Humankind, and finally, the Scientific Revolution, spanning information across 20 chapters spread across all the 4 parts. There's a timeline of history for reference initiallly, as well as a section of notes in the end of the book, which I pretty much didn't touch.

The narration is damn good, with mostly facts and comments made by the author with the addition of humour here and there, which is like salt in your meal, in the appropriate proportions. The book covers aspects from ancient history to medieval to modern, from facts and figures to accurate assumptions, to citing down the possibilities of something in place of the other that's already occurred.

I loved the book, all of the approximate 500 pages, it didn't exhaust me the slightest at any given point of time. I would recommend giving it a read.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Read for life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We were never meant to be - Palle Vasu

Rudra Nandini - M Lovely

ಮಹಾಭಾರತದ ನೈಜ ನಾಯಕ ವಿದುರ - ಜಗದೀಶಶರ್ಮಾ ಸಂಪ